9.3.18

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Season of the Bachelor: A Helpful Guide in GIFs

Before we start my GIF adventure, I wanted to share something I am not proud of. 6 years ago, I got in line to take a picture with Arie Luyendyk (the fact that I spelled that right on the first try is very scary and I think I need to go bleach my brain now.) The poor baby who got dumped on national television. If you were to tell me then what I know now, first of all how did you get a time machine because I want one. Second of all, no further explanation needed, tell me what I need to do. Punch him in the face? Fake a pregnancy and try and ruin his life? Find Lauren or Becca and make them join the Witness Protection Program? No one knows. Because it didn't happen. That's on ME, guys. THAT'S. ON. ME.


The picture that once brought me joy, now haunts me.


When Arie was first announced as the Bachelor.




Submitting my audition tape.




Realizing they chose a girl from Orem who was NOT ME.




Watching every cute girl get out of the limo in a jealous rage.




Realizing Arie's personality was falling flat on television.




Watching Arie eat girls faces on the reg.





Anytime Krystal started talking.




Slowly watching my favorites go home one by one.




Me attemping to watch every Arie / Lauren date ever.




Arie trying to pick between a blonde or a brunette wife.




Trying to enjoy the finale knowing something terrible was about to happen.




Me fast forwarding through most of it because ANXIETY.




Me watching Becca's proposal wondering how and when Arie is going to ruin her life.





Arie talking to CHRIS HARRISON, THE PRODUCERS, RANDOM PASSERSBY, THE NEW YORK TIMES, AND OBAMA ABOUT BREAKING UP WITH BECCA BEFORE ACTUALLY TALKING TO BECCA.




Arie's reaction to Becca reminding him they are engaged and he shouldn't be thinking about other women.




Arie breaking up with Becca and returning back to Factory Mode Sociopath settings.




Arie waiting a respectful amount of time before running back to Laur-




When Lauren immediately takes Arie back




Watching the internet swiftly turn against Arie




The girls banding together and coming for Arie's life in every interview they ever do




Arie repeating "I made a mistake" 34098234 times




Watching Arie propose to his new fiancé in front of his ex-fiancé and and people who have publicly denounced their relationship




Me having to calm myself after watching whatever was just on my screen




Trying to focus at work the next day




The hashtag #TeamLarie existing




Arsey & Shnorin reacting to any criticism about their relationship.





Me sneaking into Mr. & Mrs. Lyin-dick's televised wedding




Learning that a bill was written to BAN ARIE FROM MINNESOTA AND ALL IS WELL


I love Bachelor Nation and America. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment